Governor Raymond Baldwin signs bill creating the University of Connecticut, May 26, 1939

Marking the fifth and final name change of the small school in the eastern hills of Connecticut, Governor Baldwin formally signs the bill creating the University of Connecticut with state and school officials looking on.  Previous names reflected the changing nature of the institution as it evolved to meet the needs of the citizens of Connecticut: 

  • Storrs Agricultural School                   1881-1893
  • Storrs Agricultural College                  1893-1899
  • Connecticut Agricultural College         1899-1933
  • Connecticut State College                  1933-1939
Advertisements